12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: Day 2
10:10 02 December 2015
Win! A Festive Afternoon Tea for two (worth £36!) at Aubrey Park Hotel near Hemel Hempstead. Enter by MIDNIGHT tonight to be in with a chance of winning.
Christmas is a time for giving - so we’re running our own 12 Days of Christmas giveaway and online charity raffle.
We always aim to help you make the best of life in Hertfordshire, and that extends to your Christmas shopping, so we want to encourage you to buy your gifts locally this year.
To do this, we’ve teamed up with several Hertfordshire businesses, each of which has donated some wonderful prizes to show you just what Herts has to offer. There’s a different prize to win every day from December 1 until December 11 (details for how to enter are below) and then on December 12 we’re doing a charity raffle to win ALL of the previous prizes!
To enter this special raffle, all you’ll have to do is make a small donation to our JustGiving page. We’ll be raising funds for Age UK Hertfordshire, a brilliant charity which provides vital services for older people across the county - you might have been made more aware of them recently thanks to the John Lewis ‘Man on the Moon’ advert. We’ll give more details about this closer to the 12th.
Yesterday, we offered you the chance to win a bespoke wreath from St Albans-based Betty and Bear Wedding Flowers. We are pleased to announce that the winner was:
Janet Johnston, who entered on Twitter. Congratulations, Janet.
Here are the details for today’s special giveaway:
Win a Festive Afternoon Tea for two (worth £36!) at Aubrey Park Hotel near Hemel Hempstead!
Aubrey Park is an independent Hertfordshire hotel set in 9 acres of rolling English countryside in between Hemel Hempstead and St Albans. Parts of the hotel date back to the 13th century, but a recent multi-million pound refurbishment has given it a twist of contemporary luxury, including the light and airy Brasserie restaurant - an ideal setting for afternoon tea.
They have kindly donated a Festive Afternoon Tea for two (worth £36!) so the winners can escape the manic streets of Christmas shoppers and relax and unwind in style. The prize includes a glass of eggnog, warm spiced cider or mulled wine, a selection of festive sandwiches (including turkey and cranberry and smoked salmon and creme fraiche), sultana, apple and cinnamon scones, freshly made cakes including yule log and stollen, and a range of infusions and fruit teas.
To enter, simply do any (or all) of the following:
* Sign up to our helpful weekly newsletter by emailing ‘sign up’ to email@example.com
* Retweet our giveaway tweet on Twitter - it will be the pinned tweet.
* Comment on our giveaway post on Facebook telling us who you’d most like to share an afternoon tea with - the post will be pinned to the top of our page.
You have until midnight tonight to enter - and the winner will be announced in tomorrow’s giveaway posts here, on Facebook and on Twitter.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Closing date: Midnight on December 2, 2015
2. The winner must be aged 18 or over (proof of ID may be required) and must make their own travel arrangements - travel costs are not included in the prize. The prize must be taken by December 31 2015. The winner will be picked at random.
3. Archant employees and their family members may not enter this competition
4. Winner must respond within 7 days or an alternative winner will be selected
5. The prize will be dispatched directly from the giveaway donor. Every effort will be made to ensure the prize arrives before Christmas but we will not be held responsible for any delays.
6. Hertfordshire Life and the prize donors cannot be held responsible for breakages or loss of the prize during delivery
7.By submitting your details to the newsletter you automatically authorise Archant Ltd to send you emails including our weekly newsletter. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
8. The prize will be as stated - no cash alternative is permitted.