12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: Day 6
10:12 06 December 2015
Win! A beautiful Georg Jensen Christmas ornament (worth £33!) from Wharton Goldsmith in St Albans. Enter by MIDNIGHT tonight to be in with a chance of winning.
Christmas is a time for giving - so we’re running our own 12 Days of Christmas giveaway and online charity raffle.
We always aim to help you make the best of life in Hertfordshire, and that extends to your Christmas shopping, so we want to encourage you to buy your gifts locally this year.
To do this, we’ve teamed up with several Hertfordshire businesses, each of which has donated some wonderful prizes to show you just what Herts has to offer. There’s a different prize to win every day from December 1 until December 11 (details for how to enter are below) and then on December 12 we’re doing a charity raffle to win ALL of the previous prizes!
To enter this special raffle, all you’ll have to do is make a small donation to our JustGiving page. We’ll be raising funds for Age UK Hertfordshire, a brilliant charity which provides vital services for older people across the county - you might have been made more aware of them recently thanks to the John Lewis ‘Man on the Moon’ advert. We’ll give more details about this closer to the 12th.
Yesterday we gave you a chance to win a winter candle from Heartwood Candle Company. We’ve picked our winner at random and they are:
Neil Dobson, who entered on Twitter. Congratulations to him.
Here are the details for today’s special giveaway:
Win a Georg Jensen Christmas ornament (worth £33!) from Wharton Goldsmith in St Albans.
Wharton Goldsmith is one of the top independent jewellers in the UK. Specialising in fine jewellery, luxury watches and designer homewares, they are proud to design and create their collections in store, in their workshop, whilst also stocking some of the world’s top brands. It is still a family-run business after 50 years - Christopher Wharton runs the shop, which is in the heart of the cathedral quarter, with his son Sam.
The Whartons have donated a 24-carat gold plated Christmas ornament from Georg Jensen’s Christmas Collection - the delicate fir tree and doves design is inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s classic Christmas tale The Fir Tree.
To enter, simply do any (or all) of the following:
* Sign up to our helpful weekly newsletter - you can do this via the sidebar on the right.
* Retweet our giveaway tweet on Twitter - it will be the pinned tweet
* Comment on our giveaway post on Facebook telling us your favourite Christmas story - it will be pinned to the top of our page.
You have until midnight tonight to enter - and the winner will be announced in tomorrow’s giveaway posts here, on Facebook and on Twitter.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Closing date: Midnight on December 6, 2015
2. The winner must be aged 18 or over (proof of ID may be required) and will be picked at random.
3. Archant employees and their family members may not enter this competition
4. Winner must respond within 7 days or an alternative winner will be selected
5. The prize will be dispatched directly from the giveaway donor. Every effort will be made to ensure the prize arrives before Christmas but we will not be held responsible for any delays.
6. Hertfordshire Life and the prize donors cannot be held responsible for breakages or loss of the prize during delivery
7.By submitting your details to the newsletter you automatically authorise Archant Ltd to send you emails including our weekly newsletter. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
8. The prize is as stated. No cash alternative is permitted.