12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: Day 8
09:08 08 December 2015
Win! A bottle of Pinkster gin (worth £33!) from the Pinkster team in Barley, near Royston
Christmas is a time for giving - so we’re running our own 12 Days of Christmas giveaway and online charity raffle.
We always aim to help you make the best of life in Hertfordshire, and that extends to your Christmas shopping, so we want to encourage you to buy your gifts locally this year.
To do this, we’ve teamed up with several Hertfordshire businesses, each of which has donated some wonderful prizes to show you just what Herts has to offer. There’s a different prize to win every day from December 1 until December 11 (details for how to enter are below) and then on December 12 we’re doing a charity raffle to win ALL of the previous prizes!
To enter this special raffle, all you’ll have to do is make a small donation to our JustGiving page. We’ll be raising funds for Age UK Hertfordshire, a brilliant charity which provides vital services for older people across the county - you might have been made more aware of them recently thanks to the John Lewis ‘Man on the Moon’ advert. We’ll give more details about this closer to the 12th.
Yesterday we gave you the chance to win afternoon tea for four at The Old Post Office in Datchworth. We’ve picked our winner at random and we can now reveal the winner is:
Maureen F, who entered by signing up to our newsletter. Congratulations to her.
Here are the details for today’s special giveaway:
Win a bottle of Pinkster gin (worth £33!) from the Pinkster team in Barley, near Royston
Pinkster gin was born just a couple of years ago, when Barley resident Stephen Marsh started making his own gin for he and his friends to drink at home. When experimenting with different botanicals to use, he chanced upon some locally-grown raspberries, and it quickly became obvious that they delivered the best flavour - and also give the gin its pleasant pink hue and fruity aroma.
Pinkster started being sold in 2013 and it is already an award-winning gin. The team at Pinkster has kindly donated a bottle for you to win - the lucky winner might be interested to know that a Pinkster G&T is best served with a sprig of freshly-spanked mint, some fresh raspberries and plenty of ice.
To enter, simply do any (or all) of the following:
* Sign up to our helpful weekly newsletter by emailing ‘sign up’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Retweet our giveaway tweet on Twitter - it will be the pinned tweet
* Comment on our giveaway post on Facebook telling us who you’d most like to share a gin and tonic with - it will be the post pinned to the top of our page.
You have until midnight tonight to enter - and the winner will be announced in tomorrow’s giveaway posts here, on Facebook and on Twitter.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Closing date: Midnight on December 8, 2015
2. The winner must be aged 18 or over (proof of ID may be required) and will be picked at random.
3. Archant employees and their family members may not enter this competition
4. Winner must respond within 7 days or an alternative winner will be selected
5. The prize will be dispatched directly from the giveaway donor. Every effort will be made to ensure the prize arrives before Christmas but we will not be held responsible for any delays.
6. Hertfordshire Life and the prize donors cannot be held responsible for breakages or loss of the prize during delivery
7.By submitting your details to the newsletter you automatically authorise Archant Ltd to send you emails including our weekly newsletter. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
8. The prize is as stated. No cash alternative is permitted.