Basil breakfast trifle
PUBLISHED: 09:37 23 July 2016 | UPDATED: 17:38 29 July 2016
A delicious healthy breakfast with the basil aroma of summer, a great start to a perfect summers day
(for one, prep time 10mins)
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Basil leaves (optional for decoration)
100ml peach yogurt
100g watermelon, chopped
1 kiwi, sliced
1. Place the yogurt at the bottom of a small glass bowl to create a base.
2. Sprinkle two thirds of the granola on top of the yogurt making a smooth layer.
3. In a separate bowl add the chopped basil, watermelon and sliced kiwi and stir gently until all the ingredients have mixed.
4. Place the kiwi slices neatly around the around the side of the bowl.
5. Put the watermelon on top of the granola.
6. Sprinkle the remaining granola on top of the watermelon and decorate with basil leaves.
7. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Tina Richardson, Stanstead Abbots-based author of A Cook’s Guide to Herbs