Recipe: Prawn, pineapple, spring onion & chilli escabeche
PUBLISHED: 07:00 29 August 2016
We share a recipe from The Radcliffe in Hitchin: a delicious prawn, prineapple, spring onion & chilli escabeche
500g king prawns
10ml white vinegar
30ml olive oil
1 bunch spring onions
2 red peppers
2 red chillies
¼ of a pineapple
10ml pineapple juice
1 pinch saffron
1/6 bunch rosemary
1. Dice the white of the spring onions, the red peppers, chillies, pineapple and fennel.
2. Sauté the prawns in a large saucepan. When sealed and coloured put to the side.
3. Add the vinegar, oil and pineapple juice and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and add all the remaining ingredients except the prawns and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture over the prawns and leave to cool.
5. Serve on top of fennel seed foccaia. We make our own at The Radcliffe but you can always buy one from a good bakers to save time.
Recipe by The Radcliffe, Hitchin