Recipe: winter herb hotpot
PUBLISHED: 09:09 21 November 2016 | UPDATED: 09:09 21 November 2016
A simple slow-cook supper made with Herts ingredients – perfect for bonfire night
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
2 sprigs sage
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
6 pork and herb sausages
250g small potatoes
100ml chicken stock
1 can baked beans
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
Rapeseed oil for frying
(Prep: 20-25 mins, cook: 40-45 mins)
1. Place the sliced potatoes in a pan of water, bring to the boil and cook for around six minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/gas mark six.
3. Fry the sausages in large pan until golden brown. Cut into small slices and place in an ovenproof dish.
4. Fry the onions and mushrooms, adding a teaspoon of salt. Once brown add to the sausages.
5. Add the rosemary, thyme and sage to the oven dish then stir in the baked beans and add the Worcester sauce.
6. Place the potatoes on top of the dish then gently pour over the chicken stock.
7. Dot the butter on top of the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
8. Place in the oven and leave to cook for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
9. Leave to rest for at least five minutes before serving.