Herts Olympic hopeful gymnast Max Whitlock
Hemel Hempstead-born Max Whitlock was only a teenager when he took part in the 2012 London Olympics. Four years on, he’s heading to Brazil as a hot favourite after his most successful year in gymnastics to date. He discusses expectations, team GB spirit and how he handles the pressure
Rio 2016 Olympic Games: Hertfordshire’s stars
Cheering on Team GB at the Olympics and Paralympics is always a thrill but you can take it a step closer to home with our guide to the Herts athletes carrying the hopes of the nation over the coming weeks. Damion Roberts outlines the ones to watch
Newsletter Sign Up
Latest Competitions & Offers
- Recipe: Knots of sole and red onion marmalade
- Autumn Photography Competition from Great British Life - Closed
- Win tickets to Davidstow's exclusive cookery Masterclass with Michelin starred chef Nathan Outlaw
- Make the most of your morning with Mornflake!
- Win a complete set of Jack Reacher books, a portable book light, an ipod car kit and more!