Paradise Wildlife Park Helps Air Ambulance 'Go Red'
PUBLISHED: 19:08 14 September 2011 | UPDATED: 19:58 20 February 2013
The Herts Air Ambulance Team paid a visit to the red pandas at Paradise Wildlife Park to help launch their annual 'Go Red' appeal.
The Herts Air Ambulance Team paid a visit on Tuesday to the red pandas at Paradise Wildlife Park to help launch their annual Go Red appeal. The Charity is grateful to the Park for their support, which will also help to raise awareness of this endangered species.
During National Air Ambulance Week 26th September 2nd October 2011 schools, businesses, groups, individuals and whole communities all over Herts are being encouraged to join in and have fun, while raising awareness and much needed funds to help keep the life-saving helicopter in the air!
The Herts Air Ambulance receives no direct government or lottery funding, and relies on the generosity of the people who live and work in Herts to continue to save lives. Last year Go Red helped raise 7,600.
Ways to 'Go Red' include:
- Wear red it could be red clothing, red shoes, or red fancy dress (think firefighters and little red riding hood)
- Display a poster at your place of work, or in your shop, and put out a collection box
- Brandish a 'Go Red' banner for us before the event and raise awareness
- Go Red yourself: don't be scared to look silly or do something silly (that's what it's all about!) and raise money
- Hold an event - how about a red themed cocktail party or a red quiz?
- Challenge yourself with something 'Go Red' themed and raise sponsorship
- Donate 1 for the week or consider joining our Flight for Life Lottery (In the weekly draw up to 1000 can be won and up to 25,000 in the Superdraw!)
Anything goes, so get in touch with your 'Go Red' ideas and we'll do all we can to help. We're also giving you the chance to WIN an Air Base visit.
Michelle de la Bertauche, Herts Fundraising Manager, says, 'Go Red is a great opportunity for us to raise the awareness of the Herts Air Ambulance and raise vital funds to keep it flying at the same time. You could do anything to take part, weird and wacky ideas are welcomed! We want everyone to get involved and take part, we hope that local communities will show their support and we will be landing the helicopter in towns and villages all over Herts. Register to take part today!'
Call the Fundraising Team 0845 504 0055 or email Hertsadmin@EHAAT.uk.com to find out more, or register online athttp://www.hertsairambulance.uk.com/