What School League Tables Tell Us - Education Advice
PUBLISHED: 07:33 31 October 2010 | UPDATED: 10:31 21 February 2013
Helpful advice for parents doing their homework about which school to choose...
Here is a summary of what performance tables tell you about a school and where to find out more information if you are doing your homework.
- Its average level for exam or attainment test performance.
- They are compiled for Key Stage 2 Standard Assessment Tests(age 11), GCSEs, and A levels
- Performance levels in English, Maths and Science
- Results compared with other schools in the area and in the UK,plus comparison with previous years results
- League tables are most useful pre-primary school and beforesecondary school.
- A valuable resource if moving to a new area, or if choosing a newschool or Sixth Form college for A-levels
- There are lots of blogs and forums regarding SATs and educationon the internet. Mumsnet is just one.
Headteacher profiles, an A-Z of schools, advice on financing a childs education and tips on finding a tutor are all within this Ezine. Its free to see and you can easily subscribe to the next one by filling in your details on page three. That way you will receive the Ezine by email so you dont have to remember.
For more information about state school league tables and to see previous examples click on this link to The Department for Education website.