Pancake day recipe: parsley & pancetta pancakes
PUBLISHED: 16:36 03 February 2016 | UPDATED: 16:36 03 February 2016
These pancakes make a delicious brunch or light lunch, great on there own or drizzled indulgently with maple syrup
100g plain flour
2 tbsp freshly-chopped flat-leaf parsley
100g pancetta cubes
pinch black pepper
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1. Place the pancetta in a non-stick frying pan, add a little rapeseed oil and fry on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Put the flour and pepper in a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Making a well in the middle of the flour, pour in the eggs and mix, then slowly add the milk and whisk all the ingredients together to make a batter.
4. Add the chopped parsley and cooked pancetta to the batter and stir (ideally leave the batter to chill for 30 minutes before using).
5. Place the frying pan back on a medium heat and add more oil if needed then, using a ladle, place a small amount of batter mix in the pan and fry each pancake for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
6. Place the pancakes on warm plates and serve immediately.
Recipe by Tina Richardson,
Stanstead Abbotts-based author of
A Cook’s Guide to Herbs