Recipe: Chocolate and rosemary bakes
PUBLISHED: 13:46 10 November 2015 | UPDATED: 13:46 10 November 2015
A quick and easy cake recipe destined to become a family favourite
Ingredients (makes 12 cakes):
2 tbsp chopped rosemary
150g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1 and a ¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
50ml rapeseed oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g small chocolate chunks
12 cup cake cases
Cupcake tin to hold 12 cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180c Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the flour in a large bowl then add the cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt and gently stir.
3. In a separate bowl add the milk, rapeseed oil and eggs then whisk gently making sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix using a wooden spoon.
5. Add the chopped rosemary, chocolate chunks and vanilla essence and stir.
6. Once all the ingredients are combined, pour the mixture into the cake cases.
7. Bake for 20–25 minutes (check with a skewer – it should come out clean). Leave to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Tina Richardson, Stanstead Abbotts-based author of A Cook’s Guide to Herbs