Recipe: chocolate and rosemary deluxe
PUBLISHED: 18:38 16 December 2015 | UPDATED: 18:38 16 December 2015
The Humble Herb's quick and easy non-bake delicious dessert that's perfect for the festive season
Rosemary deluxe recipe
Serves 10-12, can be frozen
250g ginger biscuits
500g praline or good-quality chocolate spread
500g full-fat cream cheese
2 tsp almond oil
1 tsp brandy (optional)
100g icing sugar (sifted)
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, plus three sprigs for garnish
1 tsp icing sugar for dusting
1, Place the ginger biscuits into a blender and blitz.
2. Add the butter and a teaspoon of the praline (or chocolate spread) then pulse until the ingredients are mixed to a crumble-like texture.
3. Place the biscuit mixture into an 8in round springform cake tin, smooth over with the back of your fingers to form a base, then put in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
4. While the base is chilling, place the rest of the praline (or chocolate spread) in a bowl, adding the chopped rosemary, almond oil, brandy (optional) and cream cheese. Mix the ingredients until they form a smooth consistency.
5. Add the icin sugar to the mix and stir well until the marbled effect has dissolved.
6. After an hour, remove the biscuit base from the fridge and spread the chocolate mixture over the top, then place back in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight if possible,
7. Remove from the fridge five minutes before serving, garnish with a sprig of rosemary and dust with icing sugar.
Recipe by Tina Richardson, Stanstead Abbots based author of A Cook’s Guide to Herbs