Recipe: Gin and tonic cheesecake
PUBLISHED: 11:13 02 July 2019 | UPDATED: 11:13 02 July 2019
One of Britain's most popular cocktails, gin and tonic, makes a perfectly creamy, zingy, delicious summer dessert for a party
Ingredients (serves up to eight)
- 250g ginger biscuits
- 100g butter
- 500g cream cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 50ml gin
For the syrup:
- 50ml tonic water
- 25ml gin
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Lemon balm leaves and lime slices to decorate
Method (prep: 25 mins)
- Butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor then put in a bowl. Gently melt the butter and pour over. Mix until crumbs are coated. Put in the tin and press firmly to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for an hour to set.
- For the filling, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime zest in a bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth. Pour in the gin and double cream and continue beating until thick and combined. Spoon the mix on to the biscuit base and spread evenly. Smooth down with a spatula and leave to set in the fridge overnight. For the syrup, pour the gin and tonic into a pan, add the caster sugar and lemon juice and boil until reduced to a syrup, leave to cool completely.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin, remove lining paper and drizzle with syrup. Decorate with the lime slices and lemon balm leaves and serve immediately.