Recipe: smoked salmon & crab cheesecake
PUBLISHED: 06:00 14 December 2016 | UPDATED: 14:58 03 January 2017
Looking for something different for guests over the festive period? The Braughing restaurant shares a delicious savoury cheesecake
Ingredients (Serves 8-12)
Oven temp 160C
120g butter, melted
100g finely grated parmesan
Bunch spring onions, sliced thinly
1 deseeded red chilli chopped finely
1 garlic clove, crushed
750g cream cheese
142ml carton single cream
300g white crabmeat
Handful chopped tarragon
250g poached salmon, flaked
250g smoked salmon, finely chopped
Zest 1 lemon
1. Whizz oatcakes in a food processor, pour in the butter and parmesan. Press into a lined 26cm loose bottomed tin or 12 individual loaf tins. Bake for 15 minutes until golden then cool.
2. Fry the onions, chilli and garlic in a little oil until soft then cool.
3. Put the cheese, cream and eggs in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
4. Add the onion mix, crab, fish and all other ingredients. Season.
5. Pour into tin/s. Bake for 55 mins (halve the time for individual tins) until golden. A skewer in the middle should come out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin. Turn out and serve with a herb salad.
Recipe by The Golden Fleece, Braughing