Recipe: spearmint infused hot cocoa
PUBLISHED: 12:31 23 January 2018
'A delicious warming cocoa drink with a delicate coconut and spearmint twist, perfect for chilly January'
Ingredients (for two)
2 sprigs fresh spearmint
1 pint coconut flavoured rice milk
2 tbsp fair trade cocoa powder
1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
30ml whipped cream
Method (prep: eight mins)
1. Place the rice milk, cocoa powder and sugar in a large saucepan on a very low heat.
2. Take a balloon whisk and mix all the ingredients gently together until smooth in texture.
3. Add spearmint sprigs and infuse for at least three minutes, gently stirring. Remove sprigs.
4. Keep gently whisking until the liquid comes to the boil then remove immediately from the heat and pour the hot cocoa into heatproof mugs.
5. Add the whipped cream on top, sprinkle with marshmallows, and finally dust with sieved cocoa powder.
Recipe by Tina Richardson, Stanstead Abbotts author of A Cook’s Guide to Herbs