Restaurant recipe: The Chequer's Paprika Hake
PUBLISHED: 12:21 25 January 2016 | UPDATED: 12:21 25 January 2016
... with gazpacho, samphire & parmentier potatoes. This fragrant, aromatic dish is a dinner party showstopper.
Ingredients (serves two)
2 8oz hake fillets
2 Maris Piper potatoes
2 cloves garlic
For the Gazpacho:
Quarter of a cucumber
6 plum tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 red onion
5ml red wine vinegar
1. Marinade the hake in the paprika, oil and garlic.
2. For the gazpacho, blend all the ingredients and pass through a sieve.
3. Peel and chop the potatoes into 1cm squares, part boil, then fry in oil at 180 degrees until golden.
4. Blanche the samphire in salted boiling water for about 30 seconds.
5. To cook the hake, heat a pan, place the fish skin side-down first and cook each side for three minutes, leave to rest.
6. To plate the dish, pour the gazpacho into a large bowl, covering the bottom, then place a pile of samphire in the middle and the hake on top. Then eat!
Restaurant recipe by The Chequers, Fowlmere near Royston