PUBLISHED: 15:57 15 February 2010 | UPDATED: 15:25 20 February 2013
When it comes to styling a room, the window dressing you choose will make all the difference
When it comes to styling a room, the window dressing you choose will make all the difference. Whether you want minimalist chic or Regency flourishes, your choice of shutters or curtains can not be left to chance and should form an important part of the redecorating process
1. Add a touch of traditional elegance with heavy drapes. Green Fir Trees curtains by Zoffany. From 322 per panel, available from Amicus interiors, www.amicusinteriors.co.uk, 01462 436989
2. Try floor to ceiling curtains in a statement colour like yellow. Snow Blossom curtains, from 322 per panel, available from Amicus interiors, www.amicusinteriors.co.uk, 01462 436989
3. Make a feature, complete with butterflies and flowers. Elizabeth Stewart small feature window dressed with shaped pelmet, sheer curtain and roman blind, price from 500. Potters Bar, 01707 663433; Barnet, 020 8440 6363
4. Contemporary-style swags and tails with dress curtains and roman blinds are ideal for a large bay window. Available from Elizabeth Stewart. Price from 1,500. Potters Bar, 01707 663433; Barnet, 020 8440 6363
5. Shutters are functional, offer privacy, security, ventilation and light control. Herts Shutter Company, prices start at 220 per square metre. 01992 464375 or 07939 035016.