Go Pink this October
PUBLISHED: 13:00 12 October 2010 | UPDATED: 17:57 20 February 2013
Go Pink for the ladies in your life this October by hosting your own special event.
Go Pink for the ladies in your life this October. One in nine women are diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK so do your bit in pink to help bring these numbers down and remove the fear of breast cancer for good.
Whatever you enjoy doing, give it a pink twist and raise money to help save lives with Breakthrough Breast Cancer. From cake sales to abseils, wearing pink to playing pink golf, be as wacky or as sensible as you like
and enjoy it!
For ideas, inspiration and a free fundraising pack visitbreakthrough.org.uk/gopinkor call 020 7025 2400.
GO ON, TREAT YOURSELF!
Breakthrough Breast Cancer and its sponsors have brought out a huge range of products. Click here to start browsing!
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH BREAST CANCER
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer is a pioneering charity dedicated to the prevention, treatment and ultimate eradication of breast cancer.
- The charity fights breast cancer on three fronts: research, campaigning and education.
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer funds ground-breaking research, campaigns for better services and treatments and raises awareness of breast cancer.
- Through this work the charity believes passionately that breast cancer can be beaten and the fear of the disease removed for good
About Breakthrough Breast Cancers research
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer set up the UKs first dedicated breast cancer research facility, the Breakthrough Research Centre, in December 1999.
- The charity has also set up three Breakthrough Research Units in London, Edinburgh and Manchester.
About breast cancer
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK nearly 46,000 women and around 300 men are diagnosed every year.
- Breast cancer accounts for nearly 1 in 3 of all female cancers and one in nine women in the UK will develop breast cancer at some point in their lifetime.
- More than 1,000 women die of breast cancer every month in the UK.
- The good news is that more women than ever in the UK are surviving breast cancer thanks to better awareness, better treatments and better screening.
For further information about Breakthrough Breast Cancer or breast cancer visitbreakthrough.org.ukor call free on 08080 100 200