20th Hertfordshire Business Awards winners
PUBLISHED: 09:20 17 January 2017 | UPDATED: 09:46 24 January 2017
Casey Gutteridge - CPG Photography
The best companies in the county were at the Hertfordshire Business Awards 2016 - a glitzy black-tie dinner event at Knebworth Barns attended by more than 400 people
The best companies in the county were at the Hertfordshire Business Awards 2016 – a glitzy black-tie dinner event at Knebworth Barns attended by more than 400 people.
The winners of the 16 categories were revealed during the evening, hosted by broadcast journalist Julia Hartley-Brewer. Organised by Archant in association with KPMG and supported by Hertfordshire Life, these were the 20th annual awards recognising the cream of the county’s business community.
The awards allowed businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to international players, the chance to prove their abilities to an independent judging panel which shortlisted the finalists and eventual winners from hundreds of nominations, which included visits to see the operations in practice.
The awards charity, Willow Foundation, which creates special days out for very ill young people, received £8,471 from donations and auction bids on the evening.
• New Business of the Year sponsored by Falkland Press: Farr and Pursey Equine
• Small Business of the Year sponsored by Barclays: Alliance Intelligent Scaffolding
• Medium Business of the Year sponsored by Needham House: Understanding Recruitment
• Social Enterprise of the Year sponsored by Knebworth House: Community Voluntary Services Broxbourne and East Herts
• Commercial Business in the Community sponsored by GetSet for Growth: JPA Furniture
• Business Person of the Year sponsored by DB Sharp & Sons: Claire Brindle, Smart10
• Customer Service Award sponsored by The Car Agents: Vetsure
• Supporting Young People Award sponsored by HART Learning and Development: Sporting Futures
• Online Innovator of the Year sponsored by Asurit: People Building
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by the Galleria: Matt Williams and Justin Yates, JamVans
• Science Technology and Open Innovation Award sponsored by Bristol Laboratories: Display Plan
• Large Business of the Year sponsored by biz4Biz: Chapman Ventilation
• Employer of the Year sponsored by Blue Arrow: Dianne Lee Regulatory Consultancy
• International Business of the Year sponsored by Taylor Walton Solicitors: PrivateFly
• The Judges’ Award sponsored by Archant: Sunnyside Rural Trust
• Company of the Year sponsored by KPMG: Chapman Ventilation